My Perfect You (2018) Movie Review Tagalog | Philippines

My Perfect You (2018) Movie Review Tagalog | Philippines




¨“Movie Synopsis¨“

“My Perfect You” is the story of Burn (Gerald Anderson), a man who’s down in the dumps, and Abi (Pia Wurtzbach), the girl who helps him see the light again. Will they find the perfect love for them or will they have to fave heartbreak again?


Special Movies: Gerald Anderson, Pia Wurtzbach, Tonton Gutierrez, Dimples Romana, Janus Del Prado, Wilma Doesnt

Release : 2018-03-14

Country : Philippines

Genre : Drama, Romance

Production Co : Star Cinema – ABS-CBN Film Productions


#MyPerfectYou

#MyPerfectYoumovie

#MyPerfectYoumoviereview


 My Perfect You tackles the story of Burn (Gerald), a graphic designer who has an almost perfect life not until everything falls apart for him as he was dumped by his girlfriend. Burn felt burned out with his life as problems came left and right leaving him with no choice but to escape and because of that he met Abi (Pia) a resort owner where burn got lost in. 


Abi is a bubbly, happy go lucky, but strong willed woman. She is up for the challenge of making Burn happy again until one day they realized that they didn't just made each other instead they fell for each other. 


 Everything seemed to be okay with Burn again, he is starting to recover from the rejection and heartbreaks, but things turned around as their love story completely 360 degrees from reality, will Burn face reality or will he use Abi to escape from it? 


My Perfect You is a sugar coated bitter sweet movie, at first the movie seems to be a typical Cathy Garcia-Molina rom-com movie but I was wrong this is the first time I watched a movie that made me feel relaxed at the start of the movie and then will surprised me in the end, I felt that the movie was disguised and has two personalities that tricked me to ride the roller coaster of emotions that this movie built. 


I commend the writer Christine Gabriel for writing this story, I guess I can say that this movie is a unique one for Star Cinema. 


What I love the most in "My Perfect You" is that it raises awareness to certain mental health issues such as schizophrenia and depression, I felt that it is very timely specially in our society today where mental health isn't much of a priority and also I love how the movie showed how these mental illness are treated and how big the role of the family in treating these kinds of illness. 


I may not be a psychiatrist, but I believe the movie was able to explain what is schizophrenia and the treatment to cure it in the easiest manner for the movie goers to understand.    


To wrap things up My Perfect You is a romantic movie in disguise, it is a roller coaster ride of emotions that will bring you to the Happy Sunshine Camp. This is worthy of your money, the perfect movie to open up the summer season, an unconventional movie with an unconventional story in an unconventional characters that will make you believe that you can be whoever you want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Takas Movies 2024 Review Philippines Tagalog Movies | Vivamax

Takas Movies 2024 Review Philippines Tagalog Title : Takas Negara : Philippines Star Movie :Audrey Avila, Cess Garcia, Mon Mendoza D...